About us: We are a relatively new medical clinic in Dromana on the Mornington Peninsula. Owned by two local doctors who are familiar with the local community and local health network. We offer an enjoyable, new, friendly workplace across the road from the beautiful beach of Dromana.
We are currently seeking to employ an experienced part-time practice nurse who will provide clinical support to our doctors and direct patient care. This position will commence with 3 morning shifts, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (8:30am until 1pm), with the view of expanding this position as the practice grows.
Key selection criteria – Essential:
- Registered OR Enrolled nurse with current AHPRA registration.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work in a team as well as independently.
- Ability to prioritise and organise oneself.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Experience in wound care.
- Experience in venepuncture
- Computer literate.
- Willingness to learn on the job.
- Willingness to perform home visits
- Current Australian Driver’s Licence
Key selection criteria – Desirable:
- Experience working in general practice.
- Sound knowledge of Best Practice software; and
- Experience/training in performing pap smears.
- Knowledge of Chronic Disease Management processes
- Knowledge of the Immunisation schedule.
- Knowledge of medicare item schedule